Message to NGOs
We would like to invite you to participate in the Annual Consultations with NGOs which will take place from 15 to 17 June 2016 in Geneva. The meeting will take place at the International Conference Center Geneva (ICCG). We are pleased to inform you that ‘YOUTH’ will be the overarching theme of the event.
The site www.unhcr.org/ngo-consultations/ will be regularly updated with additional documentation related to the consultations, including the final agenda and the background papers prepared for each session.
You will find attached the agenda, the invitation letter and the information note. The latter provides you with all the relevant information to ensure your smooth participation. We kindly ask that you carefully read this self-explanatory document and pay particular attention to the information in bold or underlined and to the deadlines.
The following points require your action:
- On-line registration: From 10 February to 10 May 2016. Please note that your participation cannot be guaranteed if the registration deadline is not met. In addition, the Partnership Section will be unable to accredit NGOs wishing to register after the meeting has started.
- To be officially registered at the event you must register on-line via the web link unhcr.org/ngo-consultations/ (User name: ngos and Password: voices)
- THE NUMBER OF DELEGATES SHOULD NOT EXCEED 4 PARTICIPANTS PER ORGANIZATION OR 5-6 PARTICIPANTS PER UMBRELLA NGO/CONSORTIUM
- Financial support: As indicated in the invitation letter, UNHCR is not in a position to cover travel or related expenses for NGOs invited to attend the meeting.
- Visas: A minimum of one month is necessary to process the visa application and it must be obtained prior to the departure. If you need a visa, please make sure to start the procedure immediately. Should you require assistance, please contact immediately the UNHCR Delegation in your country who may be able to assist you.
We look forward to seeing you in June and do not hesitate to contact the Partnership Section (Interagency@unhcr.org) if you need more information or clarification.
Governance and Partnership Service
Division of External Relations
Agenda, information note and registration forms can be downloaded here: http://www.unhcr.org/ngo-consultations/